Monday, February 1, 2010

Month #2 of the chemo only regimen

This is a happy package to receive. Meh. A box arrives on my front porch once a month now with just 20 pills, 5 days worth. These are the pills that should...no, ARE killing the bad cells in my brain.
I am now a month further away from the radiation. Will this chemo make me as tired as last time? (which was not too bad). I expect to not be as tired.

Prescription rant: I am prescribed to take 440mg of the medicine nightly. They do not make a pill that size. I have to take 3x100mg pills and 1x140mg = 440mg. Since it is two different size pills, it is considered two different prescriptions and two separate co-pays: 2 x$50 = $100 = $5 per pill. $5 = pint of beer. I'd rather be prescribed pints ;-)

Actually, I am not really annoyed because when this does its work, it is a bargain at twice the price.

1 comment:

  1. Jim, I'm glad to hear that things are going so well. You are in my thoughts and prayers each day. Barbara

    ReplyDelete