Sunday, January 10, 2010

End of Chemotherapy Week One and shout out to my radiation oncologists

Finished first week of the new chemotherapy regimen. I took Chemotherapy pills for five days and now will be off the pills for the next three weeks, then on for five more days and off three weeks, and so on.
How was it? Not so bad, no nausea, but by the weekend I was just really sleepy. I am sleeping harder at night and just had to take a long nap this afternoon. I have to make sure I get more sleep during the week. For years as a teacher I worked with 5 hours of sleep a night figuring I would catch up on sleep in the summer. Now, I need a minimum of 8 per night. My energy should build to normal over the three non-chemo weeks.

Visited NIH for a follow up with the radiation oncology staff. They also were very pleased with my most recent MRI images. I am very thankful for their skills in aiming those x-rays to kill, wound, weaken, or maim cancer cells. They did a great job and always treated me and Marcie and the girls extremely well with respect and kindness. I gave Dr. Kesarwala one of my "stupid cancer" wristbands which she was thrilled to receive.

No Doc appointments this week and a 3 1/2 day weekend coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment