Thursday, December 6, 2018

Saying Goodbye


Just when it seems that we may have gotten a handle on Jim’s nausea, he gets sick again. Thankfully on the whole it was a better week with more alertness and less discomfort. However other symptoms have worsened and new ones are appearing that indicate with more confidence and sadness that the end is nearing.

It is hard to say goodbye. Hospice suggests perhaps beginning with one of the following:

What I love most about you…
What I will always remember…
What I will miss most about you…
What I learned from you…
What I will cherish…

If you are so inclined, please consider sharing your memories and reflections with us as you say goodbye to Jim. We have been moved by the messages of love so many have shared already. They mean the world to Jim and to me and they will be an invaluable lifeline for our daughters to their dad in the months and years ahead. You can email (marciegm@gmail.com), mail, drop off, or send through FB.  Thank you.

Please continue to pray for a peaceful transition for Jim.

4 comments:

  1. Jim, thanks for your friendship through our Chautauqua connections. Please know how you positively affected your Friends over the years. We will see you on the other side. Gratefully. Skip

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always made us laugh in class I love the way you related to me you always understood me if I was behaving good it if I was being a jerk it never matter with you you always saw the good in me I talked about you at dinner time with my mom and dad all the time school is great because you were there .I was growing into my youngmanhood and you encouraged growth responsibility accountability and acceptance.Thank you more than a million.ForeverLJ Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy, as I reflected on you this morning I was taken back to wonderful memories of St. Jude and EC. Recess kick ball, Gym class, cub scouts in your basement playing ping pong, Football, Basketball and Track are some good ones. Yes I said track. We were the 2 odd balls who attempted track, mostly field events like high jump and the shot. Serious good times.
    What I remember most is your extreme intelligence, amazing sense of humor and ability to make me think. It has been a long time since we have seen each other but I remember the last. We shared a meal at the EC reunion. My wife and I sat and we shared children stories and emotions the only way adoptive parents can. I enjoyed meeting and hanging with your lovely wife.
    You have left such an amazing legacy for your family and an indelible impression on everyone you crossed paths with. I will pray for you and your family in this time.
    See you on the otherwise. Loyalty that never dies!
    Rob Hughes (Jose)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,
    I cant remember when we saw each other last or even talked. It might have been just after high school. I just wanted to let you know, I've been thinking about you this past month. I'm praying for you and your family.
    Drew Norris

    ReplyDelete