Sunday, December 25, 2011

Destination: Namibia!

Marcie and I will be heading on a journey tomorrow to Namibia! I have been dreaming of a trip like this for several years and Marcie is on sabbatical so now is a great time. We will miss the kids but they will be in good hands with all of their grandparents.

Is this a "bucket list" trip? I guess so. Have I written a bucket list? Not recently. I have a list somewhere that I wrote in college, some things were checked off, others deleted or changed other not done. Do I feel like I am in a big rush to go and do things because of brain cancer? Yes, but it is just one of the reasons to go and see the world. I have always wanted to travel to new places and new experiences. I am so lucky to have Marcie as my partner. We have had and will have great adventures. We also want to set the example of exploring to our children. We want them to keep their eyes open to the world. Plus, Namibia looks pretty awesome!

Shouldn't everybody have a bucket list?

Oh, shoot. It has been a busy Christmas day and it is time to go pack!

Have a great 2012!

We will bring pics and stories back from southwest Africa!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I'm a big fan of the bucket list - and woohoo for crossing this off your list! Enjoy Namibia and this special time with Marcie :)

    ReplyDelete